|Dyson DC25 Animal Vacuum|
The Dyson DC25 Animal Vacuum cleaner is one of the most popular and highest rated vacuums in the ‘Vacuums for Pet Hair’ catagory – and for good reason. The vacuum lives up to its name due to it’s extremely high suction power, ease of use, and ability to suck up pet hair from the ground to the armchair quickly and easily. As such, it has earned a top spot as one of our best vacuum cleaners for pet hair, making the list over the Dyson DC25 All Floors because of the mini turbine tool that comes standard with this vacuum (other than that and the purple color, the Animal is the EXACT same vacuum as the All Floors model). At $449, it is $50 cheaper than the All Floors, saving you about $20 if you purchased the All Floors and the mini turbine tool separately.
Before we jump into our full product review, let’s look at some of the key specs for the Dyson Animal DC25:
- Mini Turbine Pet Hair Tool for removing hair from chairs, curtains, etc.
- Ball technology, allowing you to steer the vacuum easily by simply twisting your wrist
- HEPA filter that is Lifetime, Washable (no need to replace every 6 months like other vacuums), and given the seal of approval from the British Allergy Foundation
- Suction Power: 220 Airwatts using Dyson’s traditional and powerful ‘Root Technology’
- Well designed intake nozzle that is designed to help you pick up more dirt and debri than other vacuums
- Powered electric brush bar to loosen dirt deep down in the carpet
- Five-Year Warranty on both labor and parts
- Cord Length: 24.6 Feet
- See-through, easy to empty dust bin
- Automatic height adjustment beater bar – which allows you to carpet both long-piled carpets and short/medium pile carpets without having to adjust height yourself
- Beater bar turns off with push of a button – easy transition from carpets to hardwood floors
Dyson DC25 Animal Review:
Here is our review of the machine in terms of Suction, Ease of Use, Durablity, and Filtration.
If you are looking for a vacuum that has the suction power to take care of your pet hair, then this model should be on your list. With 220 constant Airwatts of suctioning power the Animal does a great job at cleaning up not just your pet hair but also dirt and debri that is deep down in your carpet. The animal does great on long-pile to short-pile carpeting, and also picks up pet hair nicely from hardwood floors. With the mini turbine attachment tool the vacuum also has great power to pick up animal hair from armchairs, couches, curtains, and stairs. Basically, 200 Airwatts is as powerful as top of the line vacuums, and about double the typical sub-$250 vacuum cleaners.
There are two issues you do want to consider before purchasing the Dyson DC25 Animal vacuum cleaner. First, if you have extremely long-pile carpet (great than 1″), then be aware that the high suction power and high velocity of the beater bar, as some carpet manufacturers will actually void the warranty if you use a Dyson. If you fit into this category, contact your manufacturer and find out if the DC25 Animal model will specifically be an issue – most of these problems have actually occurred with past models that had stiffer beater brushes, or with the DC33 which has more suction power. In addition, some users have had issues using the turbine mini brush. You have to use the tool at the right angle in order to get maximum results from the tool. However, we (and many other users as well), have found it very easy to find the right angle.
On hardwood floors it does a great job of getting small dirt and dust up even from the smallest cracks and many people love it for this. However, be aware that because it auto adjusts the height close to the floor the vacuum will ‘push around’ larger things like Cheerios, so you have to either tilt the vacuum back to suck them up, or use the hose to finish the job (both easy to do, but it would be nice for Dyson to give you the ability to adjust the settings for this specific task).
Ease of Use:
The Dyson DC25 Animal Baggless vacuum is very easy to use. For a pet vacuum, it is very light weight @ just 16.12 lbs. Combine that with the new Ball Technology from Dyson and vacuuming with such a powerful vacuum is pretty easy. Some people have said it takes a few days to get used to the way you steer the vacuum with the ball technology, but after they figure it out they love it – and we agree. We have zero issues getting used to the technology.
Another feature that makes this model easy to use is the fact that you don’t have to adjust the beater bar height yourself. This is down automatically for you, and is quite effective. In addition, you can transition from vacuuming carpet to hard floors with a simple push of a button that turns off the beater bar so you won’t scratch your wood floors.
Emptying the dust bin is also very easy to do, but be aware – because of the suction power you will be emptying it quite frequently. Many people talk about how they have to empty it each time they vacuum. However, we typically like to do this anyway with baggless vacuums, so we wouldn’t call this a negative.
It’s also very easy to use the hose and attachments with the DC25 Animal. The hose is a little stiff right out of the box, but loosens up quickly and extends very far (about 16 ft with the attachments). Also, the telescopic wand is stored in the handle – making it very easy to access and operate.
Because the Dyson brand is fairly new in the USA, it can be a little hard to say exactly how long they will last. However, the vacuum does come with a great 5-year warranty for both parts and labor, which is pretty good for a vacuum that is less than $500 (the Dyson DC25 Animal best price is currently $449 from Amazon.com). The construction is also solid, being made out of ABS and polycarbonate material that is both durable and sturdy. As such, you should expect to get at least 5-7 years out of the vacuum.
If you have allergies or are concerned with air quality, then this is a great vacuum. Earning the seal of approval from the British Allergy Foundation, the lifetime HEPA filter (which is washable –a huge plus since you don’t have to spend additional money to replace every 6 months) filters 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns from the air. While the filtration system is not quite as good as some found on the Miele vacuums, it does make the air 150 times cleaner – i.e. it does a very good job. In addition, it’s very easy to access both filters that need to be cleaned (rinsed and let air-dry) every 3 months.
Our Bottom Line Dyson Animal DC25 Vacuum Cleaner Review:
If you are looking for a pet hair vacuum, then the Dyson Animal is a great choice. You get a very powerful vacuum that does an excellent job on even the deepest pile carpets, a decent job on hard floors, and a great job with pet hair. We also like Dyson’s 5-year warranty, and lifetime washable HEPA filters. Combining these two features, you shouldn’t have to put additional money into the vacuum.
The main issues we have with the model are 1) you do have to empty the bins more than normal, and 2) the inability to manually adjust the height for hard floors. Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to compensate for these issues.
Where To Buy The Dyson DC25 Animal Vacuum Cleaner:
|Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner|
Newest Vacuum Reviews
- Miele S4 Vacuum Cleaner Models
- Miele S2 Canister Vacuum Cleaners
- Eureka Airspeed vs Dyson DC25 Allfloors
- Shark Navigator vs Eureka Airspeed Bagless Test
- Dyson DC25 vs Shark Navigator
- Hoover Tempo Widepath Upright Bagged Vacuum Cleaner Review – Model U5140-900
- Shark Navigator Lift Away NV350 Vacuum Review
- Bissell Cleanview Helix Upright Baggless Vacuum Review – Models 21K3 / 82H1 / 22C1
- Eureka Boss SmartVac 4870MZ Vacuum Review
- Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Upright Bagless Vacuum Review – Model UH70120
- Eureka Airspeed Bagless Vacuum Review – Model AS1000A
- Shark Navigator Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner NV22L Review
- Miele S5 Capricorn Model S 5981 Canister Vacuum Review
- Dyson DC25 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Upright Vacuum 3920 Review
- No public Twitter messages.