Best Upright Vacuum 2011
Here is our list of the Best Upright Vacuums for 2011:
|Dyson DC25 All Floors Vacuum|
| The Dyson really is as powerful as claimed, and comes with some great features: it’s light-weight, has the great Dyson Ball technology, and comes with a lifetime washable HEPA filter that is actually certified. Producing 220 airwatts of power at under $500, it’s pretty impressive.
*Click here for more details about the Dyson DC25 All Floors Vacuum
|Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged with Canister Vacuum|
| The Hoover platinum is one of the best selling vacuums on the market today, and for good reason. Not only do you get a lightweight, powerful bagged vacuum (HEPA bag), but you also get a great canister with it. For those who want a bagged vacuum instead of a bagless, this is a great option.
*Click here for more details about the Hoover Platinum Lightweight Bagged Vacuum
|Shark Navigator Upright Bagless|
| The Shark packs a great suction punch, is lightweight, and is one of the top-rated vacuum cleaners by consumers.
*Click here for more details about the Shark Navigator Upright
|Eureka Airspeed Gold Vacuum|
| We really like the Eureka, even though it’s a ‘budget vacuum’ cleaner. With good power (45 CFM), a HEPA filter, and the claim that it’s as good as the Dyson (we don’t necessarily agree with that, but do feel it comes close), it deserves a spot on the top list for 2011.
*Click here for more details about the Eureka Airspeed Golf Vacuum
In analyzing/testing in order to find the best upright vacuum cleaner, we looked at the following categories:
1. Suction Power – a vacuum is first and foremost supposed to “suck” (sorry for the extremely over-used pun – we can’t always help it). The problem with the vacuum world is that not all manufacturers tell you the actual suction produced. Instead, they give you Amps, which really only tells you the amount of power used (i.e. – the amount of electricity you are going to have to pay for). The number you should look for is either CFM or Airwatts. Unfortunately, finding those numbers is a lot harder than you would think, unless you are looking at high-end vacuums. In order to make up for that fact we have done two things: contacted the manufacturer to find out, and two, we tested the models to see which ones actually pick up the most debri.
2. Ease of Use – our best upright vacuum cleaners are also very easy to use. This means it doesn’t take a body builder to push around, it has good attachments, and is easy to take care of and keep clean (yes, you need to keep your vacuum cleaner clean in order for it to last)
3. Filtration – we look for HEPA filters and how well the vacuums keeps dust/debri from flying everywhere while vacuuming. The best upright bagless vacuum is going to also be very easy to empty the bin (i.e. not have stuff stick and make it easy to dump out without getting dust everywhere). The best upright bagged vacuum cleaner will also be easy to remove and change the bag so you don’t get stuck breathing in all the dust as you change the bag.
4. Durability – our best upright vacuums need to last without issues/problems. While no vacuum cleaner is problem-free, these are much better than the average joe vacuum cleaner, and your ‘lemon-risk’ is lower as well.
Newest Vacuum Reviews
- Miele S4 Vacuum Cleaner Models
- Miele S2 Canister Vacuum Cleaners
- Eureka Airspeed vs Dyson DC25 Allfloors
- Shark Navigator vs Eureka Airspeed Bagless Test
- Dyson DC25 vs Shark Navigator
- Hoover Tempo Widepath Upright Bagged Vacuum Cleaner Review – Model U5140-900
- Shark Navigator Lift Away NV350 Vacuum Review
- Bissell Cleanview Helix Upright Baggless Vacuum Review – Models 21K3 / 82H1 / 22C1
- Eureka Boss SmartVac 4870MZ Vacuum Review
- Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Upright Bagless Vacuum Review – Model UH70120
- Eureka Airspeed Bagless Vacuum Review – Model AS1000A
- Shark Navigator Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner NV22L Review
- Miele S5 Capricorn Model S 5981 Canister Vacuum Review
- Dyson DC25 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Upright Vacuum 3920 Review
- No public Twitter messages.